Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 22:32:57 +1000
From:      "Richard Lyon" <rlyon@ozemail.com.au>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   popclient vs fetchmail

Hi,

I currently upgrading to 2.2.2. Things are
going very nicely. I have been upgrading
apps to the latest ports. Previously I have
used popclient 3.0b6 for downloading mail
from a remote pop3 server via user ppp. This
has worked well, but I have seen mention
 that fetchmail is a better alternative.

There were some problems and security
concerns with earlier versions of popclient,
but these seemed to be sorted out. Development
of popclient does seem to have stalled.

What advantages are there in using fetchmail
instead of popclient?

Regards ...