Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 20:10:54 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tcl -- what's going on here.

Hi, Reference:
> From: Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
> Subject: Re: tcl -- what's going on here.
>
> The FreeBSD Project is *NOT* a democracy,

True

> and never will be.

Many shades of grey available between democracy & autocracy, each with
advantages & disadvantages, I'd like to see the slide to autocracy reversed.

> Hinting that it be that way is pure foolishness.

Ask for nothing, get nothing, ... etc.

> If you want something done, *DO IT YOURSELF*.

Writing code is _easy_, getting it _committed_ is the hard bit, nothing
I can do about that, just keep posting, then give up, & file each bit
in parallel src & ports trees, ( I've recently made these trees of patches
& extra bits available under  http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/src/   ).

EG: ports/mail/exmh: waiting 6 months, there were some imperfect bits,
since fixed, version upgraded, still waiting...

EG vi + chimera + ghostview diffs to implement a Wysiwig sort of thing,
they add extra functionality, they're small, they do no harm ...

Coding is easy,  getting things committed is far far harder.

> Even though I disagree with Poul's recent
> TCL stuff, at least he did something.

I should have initially changed my Subject: to indicate a new thread,
I wasn't refering to Poul's tcl episode, that's a complex hot topic
I'm steering clear off :-)

> 'Nuff said, time for some gophers to *DIE*!!!!!

Umm .. Err Montana still ?  ... Have a nice day ...
& I wish the gophers a clean shot & a painless quick kill ! .... gulp  ;-)

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/