Date:      Thu, 26 May 2005 17:30:06 GMT
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/81496: acd (atapicd) device lacks devstat

The following reply was made to PR kern/81496; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 20:20:22 +0300

 on 26.05.2005 19:09 Poul-Henning Kamp said the following:
 > In message <4295F115.4050301@icyb.net.ua>, Andriy Gapon writes:
 >>on 26.05.2005 18:31 Poul-Henning Kamp said the following:
 >>>In message <200505261152.j4QBqFEV082234@www.freebsd.org>, Andriy Gapon writes:
 >>I am not sure why acd0 got all zeros.
 >
 > Because you use atapi-cam and /dev/cd0 ?

 you are correct, it was my bad - I mounted cd0 instead of acd0.
 Now everything is reported correcly.
 Thank you very much for introducing gstat to me.

 >>Anyway, even if gstat should work perfectly for acd, I think it is no
 >>reason to have iostat/systat incomplete. Also, a reference to gstat(8)
 >>in iostat(8) and systat(1) would be nice too.
 >
 > Yeah, I think it is point 1032 on my todo list :-(

 I hope you were talking just about man pages, not iostat/systat
 utilities themselves.

 --
 Andriy Gapon