Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 21:49:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eugene M. Kim" <gene@nttlabs.com>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   libX11.so version in bsd.port.mk

Hello,

According to the bump-up-the-version rule, libX11 in my XFree86 port now
has the version of 7.  Unfortunately bsd.port.mk expects libX11.so.6 if
USE_XLIB is defined (see around line 530 in bsd.port.mk) and this
renders all X11 ports unusable with the new XFree86 port.

Shall I go back to libX11.so.6?  I'm confused.

Thanks,
Eugene

PS. In fact I don't see a reason to bump up the shlib versions in
ports... Could you perhaps explain why we should do it?