Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 1997 20:49:17 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey), joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commerical applications (was: Development and validation

> The "perception of thought police" is what we have now.
>
> What percentage "Linux vs. FreeBSD" usenet posts from the Linux side
> of the fence have claimed "FreeBSD has closed developement"?

Actually, these days almost gone and I haven't missed them a bit.

I think you're still operating from assumptions which are dated almost
a year now, it having been that long since I last saw the topic
seriously raised in USENET or the mailing lists, and it would appear
that we've brought enough people into the commit team just over the
last 6 months alone that few could claim we haven't been open to the
prospect of letting in new people or expanding the core team.

					Jordan