Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 19:38:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 in -current

Yes, I can understand this. I mean, when things get rushed, noone is happy
(I won't open the 3.0 can of worms, but I'm glad Jordan (or whoever else
did them?) had the guts to say it is a _developer_release_! Damn nestea
bug...)) I am expressing my sentiments that this would be a GREAT selling
point for a later FreeBSD release, just like CAM, SoftUpdates, new VM
system, SMP,the new boot-loader, ELF, all sorts of code rewirtes, etc. are
great selling points for 3.x. Whenever a regional ISP does IPv6, I
wouldn't mind at all in testing/implementing IPv6 in various parts of the
system (and yes, I mean modem ISP *sigh*). Let's not rush it, but we
should get KAME or another IPv6 stack in a vendor branch as soon as
feasible/comfortable.

Cheers,
Brian Feldman