Date:      Sun, 20 Jul 1997 14:57:17 -0700
From:      Eddie Fry <eddie@eaznet.com>
To:        Jacob Suter <jsuter@linus.intrastar.net>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portmaster 3

--------------0389614EC5F5F76870556C7A

Jacob,

Jacob Suter wrote:

> Were the USR-TC's on the CT1's or were they on
> analog?  If they were
> not

They were on analog lines.  Do you think it may be
a problem with the telco?  Some of our users
aren't having any problems at all.  Although, I
haven't seen any logins at > 28.8k.

Hmmm...

Eddie

> on the same CT1's, I'd start bitching out the
> telco.  Also, try
> testing
> other versions of the ComOS (3.5b8 is good and
> has 33.6k code).  If
> Livingston & Lucent would get on the ball the
> entire problem would
> leave, as Lucent already has (supposibly) good
> software for their
> DSP's.
>
> JS
>
> Gary D. Margiotta wrote:
>
> > > I have a confusing problem.  I've recently
> installed a PM3 with
> > ComOS
> > > 3.5.1b20 on a channelized T-1.  A lot of my
> customers now complain
> > that
> > > they keep getting disconnected from the
> network or they get
> messages
> >
> > > when they log in that they cannot establish
> a network connection.
> > We
> > > were previously using a USR Total Control
> and these customers had
> no
> >
> > > problems.  Does anybody have any ideas?
> >
> > Honestly, go search the Portmaster-users
> mailing list at
> > Livinston....I
> > was on the list for a while and there were
> many similar problems
> like
> > the
> > one you are having...I don't remember what
> exactly it was that was
> the
> >
> > problem in most cases, but it might've been
> buggy code...I think
> > 3.5.1b8
> > was the most stable one they had at that time.
>

> > -Gary Margiotta
> > TBE Internet Services
> > http://www.tbe.net

--------------0389614EC5F5F76870556C7A

<HTML>
Jacob,

<P>Jacob Suter wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Were the USR-TC's on the CT1's or were they on analog?&nbsp;
If they were
<BR>not</BLOCKQUOTE>
They were on analog lines.&nbsp; Do you think it may be a problem with
the telco?&nbsp; Some of our users aren't having any problems at all.&nbsp;
Although, I haven't seen any logins at > 28.8k.

<P>Hmmm...

<P>Eddie
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>

<P>on the same CT1's, I'd start bitching out the telco.&nbsp; Also, try
<BR>testing
<BR>other versions of the ComOS (3.5b8 is good and has 33.6k code).&nbsp;
If
<BR>Livingston &amp; Lucent would get on the ball the entire problem would
<BR>leave, as Lucent already has (supposibly) good software for their
<BR>DSP's.

<P>JS

<P>Gary D. Margiotta wrote:

<P>> > I have a confusing problem.&nbsp; I've recently installed a PM3
with
<BR>> ComOS
<BR>> > 3.5.1b20 on a channelized T-1.&nbsp; A lot of my customers now
complain
<BR>> that
<BR>> > they keep getting disconnected from the network or they get
<BR>messages
<BR>>
<BR>> > when they log in that they cannot establish a network connection.
<BR>> We
<BR>> > were previously using a USR Total Control and these customers had
<BR>no
<BR>>
<BR>> > problems.&nbsp; Does anybody have any ideas?
<BR>>
<BR>> Honestly, go search the Portmaster-users mailing list at
<BR>> Livinston....I
<BR>> was on the list for a while and there were many similar problems
<BR>like
<BR>> the
<BR>> one you are having...I don't remember what exactly it was that was
<BR>the
<BR>>
<BR>> problem in most cases, but it might've been buggy code...I think
<BR>> 3.5.1b8
<BR>> was the most stable one they had at that time.
<BR>>
<BR>> -Gary Margiotta
<BR>> TBE Internet Services
<BR>> <A HREF="http://www.tbe.net">http://www.tbe.net</A></BLOCKQUOTE>;