Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 1998 12:43:41 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        gclarkii@main.brewich.com (Gary B. Clark II)
Subject:   Re: Motif question

[ Moved to -java :) ]

Damon Anton Permezel writes:

> Perhaps we can attempt a coordinated effort to address some of these
> problems?

I'm in the process (like in *RIGHT NOW*) setting up a remote CVS tree
that I hope people will consider using for FreeBSD java development.
Access will require that I know you have access to the actual Sun
sources (I have ideas on how to do this), and that you connect to the
site using SSH.  I've got a machine setup to do this already, so I don't
forsee any problems, but I am wondering if I actual do this if people
will voluntarily give up 'local access' to their sources and instead try
to move through a centralized tree on a remote site.

If it does, please reply to the group.  Note, unfortunately due to the
nature of the sources, public access won't be made, and the CVS commit
email may or may not be made available.  The CVS tree is almost ready to
go, but I have to go through it a bit and sanitize the bits.

I'll probably setup a pseudo-private email list for folks to talk about
actual JDK porting issues, but is this at all interesting to those who
are actually hacking on the JDK sources?

Nate