Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 07:18:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Kirchner <davidk@accretivetg.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: this spam

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> While you may have decided that letting your users continue to get spam is OK,
> that's your choice.  However, in today's Internet environment, clearly the
> Right Thing to do is for spam filtering to be centralized on the mailserver,

This is OK to do as long as you make it very clear to each user when
they're signing up that you are filtering their messages and you notify
them of the chance that legitimate e-mail could be caught by filters (it
happens). It's a good idea to allow users to opt-out of such filtering,
too (although the anti-spammers will probably rail me for that suggestion.
Heheh. opt-out. heheh.)