Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:04:12 +0100 (CET)
From:      Rasmus Skaarup <rasmus@gal.dk>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   New names for installation floppies (Was: Re: 4.0-RELEASE boot.flp fails to boot on K6/2)

> >Jordan K. Hubbard said:
> >> Good idea, terrible name.  Can't you guys some up with something better?

> >kern.flp    -> start.flp        ====>>> boot.flp
> >mfsroot.flp -> install.flp   ====>>> initsys.flp
> >
> >boot.flp    -> bigstart.flp  ====>>> bootinit.flp
> >               bigdisk.flp ?

I think it is a very bad idea to name kern.flp the same as the old 2.88
image. This would cause confusion.

And I think the name of the 2.88 image should reflect the large size of
the image.

>                                                                     And I
> thought this was the objectionable phrase

It was. But then Jordan initiated a hunt-down-a-better-name-for-the-2.88-
installation-disk chase.

Best regards
Rasmus Skaarup