Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 22:46:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ron Bickers <rbickers@intercenter.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache Virtual Servers (single IP)

> The long and the short of this is: why should I give an ISP money who
> insists on dictating to me? HTTP 1.1 is great -- I'd like to see it become
> standard -- but it's not.

At this point you have a choice, someday you *may* not.

> As an aside, I am using lynx much more, because so many ignorant web
> designers want animated icons and enough gewgaw bulls**t on their pages
> that I can't get to the real information because of the distraction. I
> don't waste my time with those who don't deliver what I need and want.

That's a whole 'nother issue but without condoning Jay's filthy language
:-), I fully concur.  Some sites are just out of control.

> If you, as Internet __Service__ Providers choose to ignore me -- and many
> like me, you will lose the business to those who are willing to provide
> the service for which we are willing to pay.

And well they should lose the business.  The customer deserves the best,
though someday the best may be the kludge HTTP 1.1 offers.  We'll see..