Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:46:23 +0800 (PHT)
From:      "Francis Percival C. Favoreal" <dune@cats.edu.ph>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   divert

Forgive me if this sound like a stupid question.

I have been using DIVERT for some time now but never been concerned if
DIVERT can work if there is only 1 NIC. I would just like to be
enlightened if this is possible or if this is ridiculous.

What I had in mind is two networks coexisting in one physical network.
One network has registered IPs and the other one is a private network with
unregistered IPS. The former has no problem communicating with the outside
world. For the latter network, I have to use natd. Having just 1 physical
network, I thought of having the latter network route their packets to a
host running natd but with just one network interface. The host have this
divert rule,

divert 8668 ip from any to any

I hope I provided sufficient details.

Thank you in advance.