Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:58:17 -0400
From:      "Tamir Halperin" <tamir@brobus.net>
To:        "Ruben de Groot" <fbsd-q@bzerk.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: zero sendmail

Ruben,

Please accept my apologies for belaboring a point already heavily =
discussed. In my case, I believe I'm asking a question that has not been =
articulated very well, at least not to the satisfaction of someone at my =
(low) level of experience.

I'm actually interested in a "zero" sendmail footprint. I have searched =
the archives for days and have, indeed, found many emails that pertain =
to the general issues of dealing with a sendmail-less freebsd =
installation as well as others that deal with working around sendmail.

But I still believe I'm asking for information on something I have yet =
to uncover in the archives. I have not yet found an archived email that =
describes how to entirely remove sendmail from the system so that =
nothing of sendmail remains. Any pointers to archived emails I may have =
overlooked would be greatly appreciated.

An additional note is my suggestion on how general MTA functionality =
might be handled. I was sincerely hoping that this maillist might be a =
forum for such a discussion. If I'm wrong, please accept my apology =
again.

Very sincerely,
Tamir

"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of =
it."
MARCUS AURELIUS 121 - 180