Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 1996 15:25:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        "John A. Booth" <john@ulantris.infinop.com>, compland@ism.com.br, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MajorDomo on FreeBSD

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> 	(if i may play devil's advocate a moment)
>
> 	why are you using majordomo-1.93 in place of majordomo-1.92

	(if i may play devil's advocate a moment)

	What's wrong with 1.93 vs 1.92?  The only problem with 1.93 that
I've found so far (and I've never used 1.92 *shrug*) had to do with the
way resend dealt with moderated groups...so I fixed it *shrug*

> John A. Booth wrote:
> >
> > > I just installed Majordomo-1.93 in a FreeBSD box.
> > > Majordomo seems to be ok: I create a test list. I can subscribe to it,
> > > unsubscribe, all the commands. But if I send a mail to that list , it just
> > > disappears ! It vanishes , go nowhere. Not to the list, not to the
> > > list-owner, to nobody.
> > > I checked the Majordomo FAQ, the Mqjordomo mailing list archives and find
> > > nothing. Somebody has an idea ?
> > > I'm using FreeBSD-stable, Sendmail 8.6.12, Perl 5.0.1m, Majordomo 1.93
> > I've got the same problem with FreeBSD 2.01R.  If I try to execute
> > the resend script it ends up telling me one of the files it needs (via
> > the pearl require) can't be accessed.  This may be the problem.

	I've been running 1.93 under 2.1.0-RELEASE and -stable for the past
7 months or so, with not noticeable problems.  Can you send me an exact
copy of your error message?

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org