Date:      Fri, 23 May 2014 10:49:08 +0300
From:      Daniel Kalchev <daniel@digsys.bg>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is your favourite/best firewall on FreeBSD and why?

On 20.05.14 10:09, Lucius Rizzo wrote:
> Ultimately, outside configuration differences all firewalls are essentially
> serve the same purpose but I wonder what is your favorite and why? If
> you were to run FreeBSD in production, which of the three would you
> choose? IPFilter, PF or IPFW?

Coming from BSD/OS, IPFW was my natural choice. Have been using it for
many, many years.

But, as it turns our, for many years, it has an problem with table
manipulation, that wasn't fixed, so for these applications I switched to PF.

I still prefer the IPFW style configuration and management though.

Daniel