Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2010 18:23:34 -0700
From:      merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@speakeasy.net>
Cc:        Mark Sommer <msommer@somware.com>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-java-request@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: this is probably a little touchy to ask...

>>>>> "Jason" == Jason C Wells <jcw@speakeasy.net> writes:

Jason> On 09/10/10 07:29, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

>> I repeat... Java had its day.  Time to move on.

Jason> Java is not just for browsers.

Indeed.  And I still stand by my statement.

Java makes everyone equally incompetent, which is why managers like it.
It helps the beginner, hurts the advanced.  Managers can swap
programmers in and out strictly on head count, not on experience.

Friends don't let friends make greenstarts with Java.

<merlyn@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>;