Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2014 14:52:09 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>
To:        Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Need input on preference on location of 3rd party tests vs FreeBSD tests

<yaneurabeya@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>   One of the things that I've done on my fork of FreeBSD is I've =
imported ATF test suites from NetBSD and I have integrated existing test =
suites from freebsd's tools/regression tree into Kyua as well. Due to =
the size and difference in test content/coverage, I pulled lib/libc and =
lib/msun from bother sources and integrated them into Kyua. What I did =
was I put the netbsd testcases into the tests/ subdirectory and put the =
FreeBSD test suites into a tests/legacy subdirectory. The goal was that =
the legacy directory would eventually be converted over to atf testcases =
and then could be removed once the conversion was complete.
>>   I'm not sure if this scheme makes sense though. Does anyone have a =
preference as to whether or not this makes sense?
>> Thanks!
>> -Garrett
>=20
>=20
> I don't understand.  What did you put in tests/legacy?

The tests from tools/regression. tests/ contains the tests from NetBSD.

>  If you're just
> copying from tools/regression, why not simply leave them in place
> until you convert them to ATF?

I moved the files over into their respective locations to avoid having =
to change build machinery at the top level, but you bring up a valid =
concern. These pieces are the exception, not the norm, so would it make =
more sense to leave them be, hook the directories into the build =
somehow, then move them over to their respective spots once they=92ve =
been converted over?

I was trying to keep things relatively pristine when dealing with the =
NetBSD testcases as well so it would be clearer which was =93our=92s=94 =
and what was =93their=92s=94, mostly because the code isn=92t checked =
into a vendor tree as I don=92t have a commit bit and no one else with a =
commit bit has done it yet.

Thanks!
-Garrett=