Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 22:24:35 -0400
From:      Dutch Collins <dutch@charm.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel Reentrancy - NT vs Linux

If anyone is tasked to evaluate an OS for server applications you may
want to check this out. I was not aware that Linux Kernel code was not
reentrant. Well 'they' say it is fixed in 2.2, but it isn't. Now I have
to find more info on the BSD kernel. Study? Where except the code?

NT is better by 600%
http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/exec/compares/ntlinux.asp

Why Linux failed.
http://www.ntmag.com/Magazine/Article.cfm?ArticleID=5048