Date:      Thu, 29 Feb 1996 09:56:07 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 100-baseT hub recommendation?

> On a related note, we've been purchasing SMC Etherpower 10/100's for our
> new FreeBSD boxes in preparation for upgrading a hub to 100baseT, but my

Erm.  I think I'd really stick to the SMCs.  Even if the Intel cards
work 100% out of the box, there's the slight matter of driver testing.
The de0 driver has been tested to death, the Intel one not (it's new,
whaddaya expect?)

Oh, and as to hubs, the Grand Junction product (now part of Cisco) seems
to work just fine for us.

						Jordan