Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 01:04:46 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
Cc:        security-officer@freebsd.org, security@freebsd.org, core@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I guess we need to read all code, not just SUID stuff !

> We presumably don't need to just read the SUID stuff,
> we need to read all 120M of src/  :-(

We need to read all 120M of src, and that project is already underway.
See http://www.freebsd.org/auditors.html for the latest roster.

Freefall has also been completely rebuilt and numerous measures taken.
Don't think we haven't thought of all the scenarios you raised and
probably a good 2 dozen you didn't. :-)  There is no one more paranoid
that we are at the moment, and with unfortunate good reason.

					Jordan