Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 1995 16:55:45 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Interim 2.0.X release ( was Re: Minutes of the Thursday, April 13th core team meeting in Berkeley.)

> The next release of FreeBSD gets done in parallel by multiple teams.
> Whomever has the best release at the end, as judged by an impartial
> panel of BETA testers, gets to be the "official" one.
>
> I'm not actually joking.  If 2-3 teams stepped forward, I'd more than
> happily fire the starting gun!

*laugh*  Jordan's been trying to get other folks to step up to the plate
and fixup the entire release mechanism, so he's trying all sorts of ways
to get folks to help.  If the direct approach doesn't work, let's try the
indirect approach and make it a challenge. :-)

I hope we find some victims^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hvolunteers to do it though....

Nate