Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 2019 09:21:31 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm@dino.sk>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Zynq qspi driver https://reviews.freebsd.org/D14698

On Sun, 2019-08-18 at 08:23 -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 4:18 AM Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm@dino.sk>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was able to use in subject mentioned driver on my Zybo Z7 board.
> > just downloaded zy7_qspi.c file, put it in sys/arm/xilinx directory
> > and
> > all other necessary patches applied per hand to 12.0-STABLE source
> > tree.
> >
> > I am able to read and write flash attached to qspi on my board. u-
> > boot
> > uses qspi flash for environment storage so some caution should be
> > taken
> > with that.
> >
> > Question: what needs to be done in order to get this driver into
> > official source tree? Is there any show stopper? My experience is -
> > it
> > Just Works (tm).
> >

> It looks almost ready to my eye. Not sure what the hold up is.
>
> Warner

I think I'm probably among those who dropped the ball on this.  I
vaguely remember that when it was submitted, I thought I was going to
be buying a xilinx development board soon and I'd just test and commit
it after that.  But then plans changed at $work and the devel board
thing never happened.

-- Ian