Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 1997 23:42:16 -0800
From:      obrien@NUXI.com (David O'Brien)
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        pst@shockwave.com, cvs-all@freefall.freebsd.org, CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/contrib/gcc/config/i386 freebsd-elf.h freebsd.h

> >Ok, then how about "__post_44bsd__".
>
> Nope.  Most 4.4 BSD systems won't have it, so you still may as well spell
> it `__FreeBSD__'.

I can work on that one.  :-)  I've gotten the feeling OpenBSD (please no
tomatoes) seems willing to do some things to be able to use our ports
collection.  Working on one at a time, and we might be able to get the
others...

> >Yes, but people simply don't do that.  If anybody can offer a guarenteed
> >way to include <sys/param.h> w/o needing to defined something like
> >HAVE_SYS_PARAM_H in the Makefile, I'll switch all ports over to that.
>
> There is no better way.  Define in in bsd.port.mk so at least the makefiles
> don't need it.

That may not be a bad idea.
I'm guessing I would meet with resistance to also add this to
/etc/make.conf ?

--
-- David	(obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)